The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR)
The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to protecting human rights, promoting the rule of law and upholding democratic principles in the Occupied Palestinian Territory. PCHR announces the need for recruiting a Fundraising Officer in PCHR’s main office based in Gaza City.
Purpose of the Function
The fundraising officer is responsible for developing and implementing an effective and ethical fundraising strategy for PCHR in line with the organization’s vision, identifying potential funders, and maintaining donor relationships to raise funds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing the organization’s fundraising strategy.
- Writing and presenting proposals.
- Working towards raising funds for PCHR activities.
- Developing and deepening existing donor relationships.
- Identifying and contacting potential donors and following up on calls for proposals.
- Taking the lead in developing our capabilities to enter into framework agreements and underlying contracts.
- Undertaking independent research in finding alternative resources for long‐term sustainability of PCHR.
- Following up on all agreements with all donors and create strong fundraising messages that appeal to potential donors.
- Keep PCHR up-to-date on changing donor priorities.
- Representing PCHR at meetings with donors and external events and providing assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization.
- Ensuring that accurate and up-to-date information is maintained on all submissions, grant-funded projects and donors in relevant databases and filing systems.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Preferable Master’s degree in management, communication, social sciences, or any related fields.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of strategic development and fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practice.
- Extensive knowledge of project cycle management and proposal writing techniques.
- Familiarity with sources of funding for civil society projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience in reporting to major donors ex. EU.
- A proven track record of delivering fundraising success.
- Experience of budgeting and managing resources.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer and IT skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the West Bank and abroad when needed.
Note: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to:
no later than 15:00 PM, Thursday 16 February 2017. The selected candidate undergoes a 3-month probation; after which, he/she will sign a contract annually renewed unless one of or the two parties terminates the contract.