The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) announces the need for recruiting a Human Resources Officer in PCHR’s main office based in Gaza City.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Participates in performance evaluation and verifies employees performance.
- Identifies staff development and training needs, ensures that training is obtained, and responsible for the development or selection of training materials.
- Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondences relative to the work.
- Supervises and participates in activities such as the classification of positions, job analyses, and evaluation of applicants, research, compensation studies, labor relations and recruitment.
- Responsible for the processing of personnel transactions, payrolls, personnel record-keeping, insurance, retirement …etc
- Directs staff in overall personnel administration, including appointments, promotions, transfers, demotions, suspensions, layoffs, and dismissals.
- Applies the laws, regulations, and principles of equal employment opportunities and affirmative action to personnel situations.
- Directs staff on grievances and other complaints originating from individual related work situations or work environment.
- Develops information systems to assist in department management decisions.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A university degree in Management or Business Administration (MBA degree is an advantage).
- Minimum of three-year management experience, preferably at NGOs.
- Experience & knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel management, including functions such as job classification, job analysis & design, placement, orientation, performance appraisal, compensation, training and employee relations.
- Excellent English language (written and spoken).
- Advanced level of business correspondences in English as a special purpose language
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent verbal & non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- Diplomacy, tact & negotiation skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Problem solving and research skills.
Note: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to: email@example.com no later than Thursday, 22 December 2016. The selected candidate undergoes a 3-month probation; after which, he/she will sign a contract annually renewed unless one of or the two parties terminates the contract.